Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Time: 30 minutes | Serves: 4
600g Chicken thighs – deboned (sometimes you can buy these as “thigh fillets”)
1 clove Garlic, crushed
1 chilli, chopped
3tbsp Soy sauce
2tbsp Coconut oil (or sesame oil if you’re out)
Wooden skewers, soaked in water for an hour+
2tbsp Coconut oil
Half small Onion, chopped
1 chopped Chilli
1 clove of Garlic, crushed
200ml (half can) Coconut milk
splash of Fish sauce
*Note: Feel free to use any vegetables you have on hand. Vegetarians or vegans may omit chicken and fish sauce and substitute with tofu. This is great when served with quinoa or millet.
- Start by marinating your chicken. A day ahead is best, but give it at least 3-4hrs.
- Blend together your garlic, chilli, soy sauce, coconut oil, honey and pour into a flat bottomed dish.
- Chop the chicken into chunks and add to the pot.
- When all the chicken has been sliced ‘n’ diced into bite size pieces, toss it in the sauce.
- Cover with cling-wrap, and pop into the fridge until you’re ready to cook it.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over a medium heat. Toss in the onion, chilli and garlic.
- Stir until it softens.
- Turn the heat down a little.
- Add your peanut butter & honey. Stir quickly and don’t let the bottom burn.
- Once it all starts to come together, quickly & carefully transfer to your blender/processor.
- Add the coconut milk and blend.
- If it’s too thick, you can loosen the mixture with a little more coconut milk.
- Pour into a dish/pot/jar, and pop to one side.
- Pan-fry/grill the chicken for about 10mins, or until it’s nice and browned. Take it out.
- Serve alongside the satay sauce.
This recipe was provided by the South Sydney Rabbitohs