Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Protein Plus Peanut Butter Ginger Bread Men
Time: 1 hour | Serves: 10
Download your FREE recipe book!
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup Mayver’s Protein Plus Peanut Butter
- 1 free range egg
- Melted dark chocolate (to decorate)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl (spices, baking powder, flour and salt)
- When well mixed, add in maple syrup, Mayver’s Protein Plus Peanut Butter and egg, and mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Tip mixture out onto a chopping board. Knead dough quickly to ensure well combined, then roll into a ball, wrap in baking paper or glad wrap, and place into fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius fan forced, and line 2 trays with baking paper.
- Remove dough from fridge and place between two sheets of baking paper.
- Roll dough with rolling pin to approximately 0.5cm thickness, then use cookie moulds to cut out cookie shapes of choice, and transfer to lined baking trays.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden on top (they will not appear firm however they firm up once cooled)
- Remove from oven and stand to cool on tray for 5-10 minutes, before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- Ice with melted chocolate if you wish, and enjoy!
Thanks to Vic from @wellnesswithvic for this recipe!