Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Peanut and Cacao Celebration Tart
Time: 45 minutes | Serves: 10 serves
gf df v
Download your FREE recipe book!
For the crust:
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 20 dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the caramel:
- 20 dates, pitted
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter
For the filling:
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight (important)
- 3/4 cup Mayver’s Peanut & Cacao Spread
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Line a tart tin with baking paper.
- Add the crust ingredients into a food processor or high-powered blender and process until smooth and sticking together.
- Roll out until flat and the right shape to line your tart tin.
- Press this into your lined tin and pop into the freezer to set.
- Add the caramel ingredients into your food processor and process until silky smooth. You’ll know when this is ready by checking the dates – there should be no visible dates in the mix, and the caramel should be golden brown and silky.
- Once this is done, spread (or pour) evenly onto the crust and pop back into the freezer.
- Carefully open the chilled coconut milk and scoop out the coconut cream.
- Add this to your food processor or blender with the rest of the filling ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Spread on top of the previous layer and then pop back into the freezer.
- Keep this in the freezer overnight and let thaw prior to slicing and serving. You will need to give it 5-10 minutes.
- Top your tart with a drizzle of melted dark chocolate or some cacao nibs, if you’re feeling fancy. Or even with an easy peanut butter drizzle (Simply melt 1/4 cup coconut oil and add in 2 tablespoons Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter with 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Mix to combine. Drizzle onto tart and return to freezer to set or use warm when serving.)
Thanks to Health Food Project for this amazing recipe!