Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Slice
Time: | Serves:
gf df v
Download your FREE recipe book!
For the base
- 1 cup Mayver’s Dark Roasted Peanut Butter
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup oats, ground into a fine flour
- 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
For the jam
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup pitted cherries
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/4 tsp agar agar
For the chocolate
- 100g dark vegan chocolate
- Preheat oven to 125 degrees celsius.
- Add all dry base ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Pour in Mayver’s Dark Roasted Peanut Butter and Maple Syrup and stir to combine.
- Transfer Mixture to a loaf tin and bake for 25 minutes, or until firmed.
- In the meantime make your jam by adding all the ingredients to a good quality saucepan, and cook over a low hear for 15 minutes, stirring throughout. Once cooked, turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Once the base has cooked, pour your jam over the top. Allow to cool for 30 minutes, then transfer to the freezer to cool for a further 30 minutes whilst you get the chocolate ready.
- Add the chocolate bar to a heat-proof bowl, and melt over a hot water bath. Remove the slice from the freezer, then pour melted chocolate on top, banging on the bench to smooth our the final layer.
- Allow the cake to completely cool before removing from the tray, then cut into slices and enjoy
Thanks to Kath and Jade from Panaceas Pantry for this amazing recipe!