Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Protein + Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Time: 20 mins | Serves: 12
Download your FREE recipe book!
- 1/4 cup Mayver’s Protein+ Peanut Butter + extra for filling
- 1 cup mashed bananas, equate to about 2 large banana*
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup olive or melted coconut oil (both work well)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or rice malt syrup
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup of oat flour
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- choc chunks (as many as you’d like- optional)
- Preheat oven to 170 C and line a muffin tray with muffin liners/
- Add your bananas to a bowl, mash until chunky, then add Mayver’s Protein+ Peanut Butter and olive oil. Mix until nice and combined. Once this has started mixing together, add the egg and mix again until silky smooth.
- Add the coconut sugar, oat flour (simply blend oats until flour consistency), gluten free flour, cinnamon and baking powder. Mix until nice and combined. The mixture will be sticky, this is fine! Fold through choc chunks, plus extra banana if you prefer your muffins chunky.
- Using a spoon, fill the muffin liner 1/3 full and then add a blob of Mayver’s Protien+ Peanut Butter to the middle. (In hindsight, next time we’ll try mixing the Mayver’s Protein+ Peanut Butter with some rice malt syrup and using that instead of 100% Mayver’s Protein+ Peanut Butter. NOT that Mayver’s Protein+ Peanut Butter wasn’t good, but we think rice malt would add a lovely sweetness and smoother filling!) Continue until tray is done.
- Next, cover with remaining batter and finish off with extra chocolate if desired.
- Pop into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, allow to cool in tin, then simply slice open and enjoy!
Thanks to the amazing Health Food Project for this recipe!