Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
No Churn Salted Caramel Swirl Ice-Cream
Time: | Serves:
• 1 cup regular coconut milk
• 1 cup coconut cream
• 1/3 cup rice malt syrup (or any other sweetener of choice)
• 1/2 cup Mayver’s Protein+ Peanut Butter
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Caramel Sauce Ingredients:
• 1/4 cup coconut oil
• 1/4 cup coconut milk
• 2 tablespoons Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• Pinch of salt
- Pour the coconut milk, coconut cream, rice malt, Mayver’s Protein+ Peanut Butter, vanilla and pinch of salt into a bowl and whisk until incorporated. Alternately you can blend all ingredients together in a blender.
- Once combined, transfer to a bowl and chill in the freezer for at least one hour. Mix after an hour and return to freezer. Repeat this 2-3 times.
- Chill the ice cream container you’ll be using in the freezer (separate to the bowl ice cream is currently in)
- To make the caramel sauce, simply melt 1/4 cup coconut oil and coconut milk in a pan. Add in 2 tablespoons Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter with 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Mix to combine. Add a pinch of salt and taste.
- Once your ice cream has firmed, scoop about 2-3 scoops into the container and spread out into an even layer. Drizzle 1/3 of the caramel on top.
- Add another 2-3 scoops of ice cream and repeat the process until all the ice cream is used. Top with more caramel.
- Use a spoon in figure 8 motions to create a marble effect. Cover and freeze for an hour or so.
Thanks to @healthfoodproject for the recipe