Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
No-bake tahini caramel chews
Time: 30 mins | Serves: 12
Download your FREE recipe book!
- 1/2 cup Mayver’s Hulled Tahini
- 1/2 cup Rice Malt Syrup
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbs Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 tbsp canned Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 2 tbsp Cacao Butter
- 1 tbsp Mayver’s Hulled Tahini
- Whisk together the Mayver’s Hulled Tahini, rice malt syrup, oil, coconut milk and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth (heat if needed, if your tahini is a little tough to mix)
- Pour into a silicone loaf pan and pop into the freezer to set for four hours or until firm.
- Flip caramel slab out of the pan onto a piece of baking paper and cut into bite-sized squares with a sharp knife, placing them on a lined tray as you go, pop back into the freezer while preparing the chocolate coating.
- Melt chocolate with cacao butter then stir in Mayver’s Hulled Tahini, pop into the fridge for a few minutes just to cool it down (by making sure the caramel pieces are quite chilled/frozen, and using chocolate that isn’t too hot, this will help the chocolate set quickly on the caramel pieces so that you don’t end up melting the caramel pieces).
- Using two forks, lift caramel pieces in and out of the chocolate, allowing the excess chocolate to drip off before placing pieces back on the tray. Freeze to set the chocolate.
- Store in the fridge for a soft caramel or freezer for a chewier caramel.
Thank you so much to the amazing Jodi from @jodiskitchen for another tasty recipe!!