Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Choc Tahini Cookies
Time: 25 minutes | Serves: 12
Download your FREE recipe book!
- 1/4 cup Mayver’s Black Tahini
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- Pinch of vanilla
- 3/4 cup almond meal or flour if you’re not gluten-free
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks
- sesame seeds to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, coconut oil, vanilla and egg until well combined.
- Next, sprinkle the almond flour and baking powder evenly over the mixture, and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks with a spatula.
- Next, carefully marble Mayver’s Black Tahini through the mix. You can do this in batches if you’re afraid of completely colouring your mix.
- Make 12 scoops of dough on the cookie sheet, flatten and then finish with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove from oven when the edges are golden.
- Move to a rack to let cool, enjoy!
- These cookies keep well in a sealed container and also freeze well. Simply pop into an airtight container and freeze. When defrosting, open the container and allow to come to room temperature, around 10 minutes. They are JUST as good!
- Thank you to the girls from Health Food Project for this killer recipe!
Thank you to the girls from Health Food Project for this killer recipe!