Tasty, healthy recipes for everyday.
Choc Tahini Caramel Slice
Time: 1 hr | Serves: 10
Download your FREE recipe book!
For the base:
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 10 pitted dates
- 2 teaspoons rice malt syrup
For the choc caramel:
- 3/4 cup of Mayver’s Black Tahini
- 3/4 cup of rice malt syrup
- A pinch of salt
- A handful of pitted dates (6 – 10)
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup of cacao powder
For the topping:
- ¼ cup of coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup of rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup of raw cacao powder
- Line a small loaf tin with baking paper and pop to the side (remember, the smaller the tin, the thicker the tahini caramel layer!)
- Add the almond meal, coconut and dates into a food processor or blender and blitz until ingredients are crumbly and just coming together.
- Pour into a small bowl and mix through the vanilla and rice malt until the crumble mix is sticking together.
- Press this mixture into your tin and then pop into the freezer.
- For the caramel centre, add the Mayver’s Black Tahini, rice malt, melted coconut oil, dates and salt into a blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Next, blend through the cacao powder until no lumps remain.
- Pour this over the base and return to the freezer until set.
- Once set, mix together the coconut oil, cacao and rice malt OR melt your favourite dark chocolate and pour over the set choc caramel.
- Pop back into the freezer to set.
Thanks to @healthfoodproject for another great recipe!